terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the Joe’s Garage Scratch and win promotion:
- Joe’s Garage Franchise Services Limited, 2 – 6 Southwark St, Christchurch, 8011 is the “Promoter” of the scratch card promotion (“Promotion”).
- The Promotion is being run at all Joe’s Garage stores throughout New Zealand (“Participating Stores”).
- The promotional period commences at 12:01am on Monday 13 January 2020 and will continue until 11:59pm on Sunday 15 March 2020 or, in the case of a particular Participating Store, will continue until scratch card stocks are exhausted at that Participating Store, whichever is the first to occur (“Promotional Period”).
- Except as provided in this paragraph, participation in the Promotion is open to residents (natural persons) of New Zealand aged 18 years or older. Joe’s Garage franchisees, the Promoter’s partners associated with the Promotion, employees of the Promoter, Joe’s Garage franchisees, the Promoter’s associated companies and the Promoter’s partners associated with the Promotion, and members of the immediate families of those persons, are ineligible to participate.
- To qualify for a scratch card, a participant (or potential participant) in the Promotion must visit any Participating Store and spend $30 (GST inclusive) or more during the Promotional Period (applying for that Participating Store). A limit of 1 scratch card may be claimed per qualifying spend.
- Each scratch card will have a unique entry code, which must be entered into the Regular Joe App to reveal and give rise to eligibility to redeem the particular instant prize.
- Scratch cards can only be obtained at the till in the Participating Store at the time of a qualifying spend in that Participating Store.
- Participants will be notified in writing on the screen in the Regular Joe App, after entering the unique entry code, what the instant prize is.
Instant prizes which can be won are:
(a) Free Big Boy Shake from Joe’s Garage 355ml (Recommended Retail Price (“RRP”) $7.00)
(b) Free Deluxe Iced Chocolate from Joe’s Garage 355ml (RRP $7.00)
(c) Free Schweppes Ginger Beer 330ml (RRP $4.80)
(d) $10 Joe’s Garage voucher
(e) $5 Joe’s Garage voucher
(f) Free dessert – any dessert item from the Joe’s Garage dessert menu (maximum value of $12.00)
(g) Free small chips and gravy from Joe’s Garage (RRP $5.50)
(h) Free coffee or hot beverage from Joe’s Garage (up to the value of $5.50)
(i) 5 Regular Joe App bonus points
(j) 10 Regular Joe App bonus points
- Any instant prize must be redeemed within 30 days from date on which the unique entry code which revealed that prize is entered into the Regular Joe App.
- In total across all Participating Stores, there are 15,000 instant prizes to be won in the Promotion, being 312 of option (a) Free Big Boy Shake from Joe’s Garage 355ml, 312 of option (b) Free Deluxe Iced Chocolate 355ml, 624 of option (c) Free Schweppes Ginger Beer 330ml, 1325 of option (d) $10 Joe’s Garage voucher, 1287 of option (e) $5 Joe’s Garage voucher, 780 of option (f) Free Joe’s Garage dessert, 780 of option (g) Free small chips and Gravy from Joe’s Garage, 780 of option (h) Free coffee or hot beverage from Joe’s Garage, 5990 of option (i) 5 Regular Joe App bonus points and 2900 of option (j) 10 Regular Joe App bonus points. Instant prizes are redeemable at any visit to any Participating Store within the 30-day redemption period by presenting the reward in your Regular Joe App screen to a staff member at the till in that Participating Store.
- If for a reason beyond the Promoter’s control, it is not possible to supply the prizes as advertised, the Promoter will be entitled to supply a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
- To qualify for a chance to win a grand prize, a participant (or potential participant) must visit any Participating Store, spend $30 (including GST) or more during the Promotional Period (applying for that Participating Store) and enter the unique entry code from the scratch card claimed into the Regular Joe App. The grand prize is a Gotrax DXL Commuter Electric Scooter – version 2 RRP $649.00. There are 13 grand prizes to be won, 1 in respect of each of the 13 Participating Stores.
- To be able to participate in the Promotion, participants must have downloaded the Regular Joe App and have filled in their correct details: their full name, a current and valid email address, date of birth, address and phone number.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this Promotion or any part of this Promotion should its ability to fulfil its obligations be limited or prohibited at any stage by any form of failure, technical or otherwise, or by any law.
- Entries (being the entry of the code(s) referred to above) must be received by the Promoter by 11:59pm 31 March 2020.
- The winners for the grand prizes are scheduled to be drawn on Thursday 2 April 2020. The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence with participants in connection with decisions made about the Promotion.
- The grand prize winners will be notified by phone. Inability to inform any winner by close of the business day following the day of the prize draw will result in the prize to that winner being forfeited and a further draw for that prize will be conducted.
- The prize winners consent to the Promoter using their name, photographs and prize win information for public relations purposes relating to this Promotion, without compensation.
- The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any winning entry.
- Tampering with the entry process or submitting an entry not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, will disqualify participation.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, misdirected, or late entries or any entries that for whatever reason are not received by the Promoter or are incomplete.
- By a participant submitting details about himself or herself, that participant agrees to be contacted by the Promoter and its franchisees.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify this Promotion.
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of the receipt into the Promoter's systems and NOT at the time of transmission by the participant.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, none of the Promoter or any of its officers, employees or agents, nor any of the Promoter’s franchisees or any of such franchisee’s officers, employees or agents, are liable for any loss, damage, or injury by or to any person in connection with this Promotion or with winning or benefiting from a prize. For the purposes of subpart 1 of Part 2 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 (Contractual Privity), the benefit of the provisions of this paragraph extends and applies to, and the provisions of this paragraph are intended to be enforceable by, all or any of the Promoter’s officers, employees and agents, the Promoter’s franchisees, and the officers, employees and agents of any such franchisee.
- The prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of third party service providers and suppliers, and the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not responsible or liable for any direct or indirect loss suffered by an entrant as a direct or indirect result of the conduct of any such third party service provider and supplier.
- Any grand prize claim will be verified by the winner providing the Promoter with a signed copy of these Terms and Conditions, as full acceptance of the prize as well as proof of identity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the prize and the prize value at their discretion without prior notice.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.